Friday, January 27, 2012

Finger Lakes Fridays



On Fridays I'll be postings pictures of one of my favorite things...the place where I live.

The Finger Lakes region is located in central NY....

most of its residents haven’t even been to New York City.



There are eleven lakes in all, some as long as 40 miles, none wider than 3 miles across, and each boasting its own unique beauty. The region is dotted with small cities, quaint villages and tiny crossroads called hamlets.

I love that we're relatively undiscovered.


I'm no professional photographer and I don’t have any fancy editing software so the subject matter will simply speak for itself.



Winter in Seneca County.

We do a lot of commenting on the weather here in Central NY;  mostly complaints in the winter months.  A blue sky is a bit of a rarity and snow falls most days.

The inhabitants are frequently coming down with infirmities such as cabin fever and the winter blahs.

I think it's quite beautiful this time of year.

Color flies south for the winter and shape, form and texture take a turn in the spotlight.







One notices things one would not notice when all is alive with green






Foliage gives over what it's been hiding.




A sense of quiet comes over the landscape.  Even the sound of tires is hushed on snowy roads.

  




A soul finds its self stretching and sighing during this season.  I was driving around today, wishing I was a great story teller.  I would let my imagination craft a tale of the pictures I took.


about the family that owns this farm



I don't think this barn was built on this spot.  And where did the circular scrapes on the paint come from.




Ah the old Lehigh Valley Bridge



And what's this guy been up to?



Happy Winter



   
  jenny rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment