Saturday, May 18, 2013

Finger Lakes Fridays.......Planting Time


Well, incase you couldn't tell by my previous entries,  I'm mostly in total love with where I live.  In the 12 years I've inhabited these parts, I've endeavored to know every road, back road and unpaved way around.  I've started studying barns and silos, the different colors, shapes and sizes of cows, and what is planted and when.  By now, Bill knows better than to take the same route twice when I passenge (new word) his car.  The more I see, the more inspired I become.

Inspired to what?  Well for right now, inspired to grow more stuff in my own back yard and learn all I can about growing good things. 

The past two weeks I've been out and about with my daughter and a camera knowing that this is a very busy time for farmers. 


Its time to plow
 


Its time to spread the "Honey"...love, love, love the smell of that by the way.



Its time to plant



....to begin tending




Incidentally, Its also time to shear



I cant help myself.  The simplicity of it all calls to me.  I'll drop the pumpkin off at school in the morning, fully intending to drive the 2 minutes back home and begin the day. Instead, me 'n the sweet pea roam around, north, south, east and west hunting for sheep, horses, secret farm roads and new streams to follow.

The lyrics of the old Rich Mullins song say it well

Be praised for all Your tenderness
By these works of Your hands
Suns that rise and rains that fall to bless
And bring to life Your land
Look down upon this winter wheat
And be glad that You have made
Blue for the sky and the color green
that fill these fields with praise





thanks for reading

 
  jenny rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment