Friday, September 23, 2011

Finger Lakes Friday

On Fridays I'll be postings pictures of one of my favorite things...the place where I live.

The Finger Lakes region is located in central NY....

most of its residents haven’t even been to New York City.



There are eleven lakes in all, some as long as 40 miles, none wider than 3 miles across, and each boasting its own unique beauty. The region is dotted with small cities, quaint villages and tiny crossroads called hamlets.
I love that we're relatively undiscovered.


I'm no professional photographer and I don’t have any fancy editing software so the subject matter will simply speak for itself.



I took a drive down the west side of Canandaigua Lake the other day. I like taking drives; they clear my head like nothing else.  Here are some pictures I took toward the south end of the lake.



There she is, folks.....Canandaigua Lake snaking herself out from in between the Bristol Hills.






Bear Hill keeping watch over her. 






At the south tip of the lake the hills are so steep that the water reflects the color of the towering trees instead of the gray sky.

Tell me you didnt just relax a little




  
  jenny rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment